Phesgo Injection Dosing Manufacturer Pertuzumab Trastuzumab Manufactured by Roche | Used in combination who have HER2-positive breast Cancer
Generic Name : Pertuzumab Trastuzumab Injection
Pertuzumab / Trastuzumab / Hyaluronidase is a Generic name for drug name Phesgo Manufacturer. In some cases, health care Professionals can use trade names or generic names when Referring to drugs.
Pertuzumab, Trastuzumab, and Hyaluronidase is Targeted therapy. This drug is Classified as Antineoplastic agents and Anti-Monoclonal Antibodies.
Phesgo is a Prescription medicine Approved for use in combination with Chemotherapy for:
- Use prior to Surgery (Neoadjuvant treatment) in adults with HER2-positive, locally advanced, Inflammatory, or Early-Stage breast cancer (tumor is greater than 2 cm in Diameter or Node-Positive). Phesgo should use as part of a complete treatment regimen for early breast cancer.
- Use after Surgery (Adjuvant treatment) in adults with HER2-positive early breast cancer that has a high Likelihood of coming back.
Phesgo is a Prescription Medicine Approved for use in Combination with Docetaxel in adults who have HER2-positive Breast cancer that has spread to different parts of the body (Metastatic) and who have not received Anti-HER2 therapy or Chemotherapy for Metastatic Breast cancer.
What is Phesgo Pertuzumab Trastuzumab Used For
Early breast cancer
Used in combination with Chemotherapy in adults with HER2 +, Advanced breast cancer, Inflammation, or early stage breast cancer (EBC). In Combination with Chemotherapy that occurs after surgery in HER2 + adults with high risk of Recurrence.
Metastatic Breast cancer
Used in Combination with Docetaxel for Her2 + adults with Metastatic breast cancer that has not received previous Anti-her2 therapy or previous Chemotherapy in Metastasis settings.
If the drug has been Approved for one use, the doctor So can choose to use this same medicine for other problems if they believe it may be useful.
How Phesgo Pertuzumab, Trastuzumab and Hyaluronidase Works
- Cancer is a disease caused by changes, also know as Mutations, in DNA which changes the way cells grow and divide. Cancer cells can be destroyed using various types of drugs that work in a very different way. However, Examples of drugs that destroy cancer cells include Cytotoxic Chemotherapy,Targeted therapy, Immunotherapy, and Antibody drug Conjugates.
- The immune system uses Antibodies to protect the body against foreign Substances. Antibodies are Proteins attached to certain types of protein called Antigens. When Antibodies find Antigens, it triggers the immune system to destroy cells that have Antigens. Researchers can make Antibodies in the Laboratory Targeting specific Antigens as found in cancer cells. But These Antibodies are made in the lab call Monoclonal Antibodies.
- Monoclonal Antibodies target specific differences in cancer cells than normal cells. Because Monoclonal Antibodies have a special target for cancer cells, they can cause less Toxicity for healthy cells. Each type of Monoclonal Antibody works slightly different, but all disturbs the ability of cancer cells to grow, divide, repair and / or communicate with other cells.
- Phesgo contains two separate Monoclonal Antibodies, Trastuzumab and Pertuzumab. Previously, Trastuzumab and Pertuzumab were used Separately or in combination to provide anti-cancer treatment. Phesgo combines these two separate Monoclonal Antibodies into single injection to use.
- Trastuzumab and Pertuzumab are the second Monoclonal Antibodies Targeting proteins called HER2 in cancer cells; However, they bind to various sites on proteins. When bound, these agents work together to inhibit the growth of cancer cells and cause cancer cell death.
- The addition of Hyaluronidase-zzxf to combination drugs allows for Trastuzumab and Pertuzumab is easier to absorb into the bloodstream. It does not have an anti-cancer effect.
- Drink at least two to three quarts of liquid every 24 hours, unless you are Instruct otherwise.
- You may be at risk of infection so try to avoid crowds or people with colds, and report fever or signs of other infections immediately to your health service Provider.
- Wash your hands as often as possible.
- Use an electric razor and soft Toothbrush to Minimize bleeding.
- Avoid sports contact or activities that can cause injury.
- To reduce nausea, take Anti-nausea medicine as Prescribed by your doctor, and eat small, often eat.
- Follow the Anti-diarrhea drug regimen as prescribed by your health care professionals.
- Eating foods that can help reduce Diarrhea.
- Avoid sun Exposure. Wear SPF 30 (or higher) Sunscreen and protective clothing.
- In general, drinking Alcoholic drinks must maintain to a minimum or fully avoid. You have to discuss this with your doctor.
- Take a lot of rest.
- Maintain good nutrition.
- Stay active as you can. Gentle exercises are Encourage like daily walk.
If you experience symptoms or side effects, be sure to discuss it with your health care team. Because They can prescribe medicines and / or offer other advice effective in managing the problem.
- Before starting pertuzumab, trastuzumab, and Hyaluronidase treatment, make sure you tell your doctor about other drugs that you take (including prescription, over the counter, vitamins, herbal medicines, etc.) Don’t take aspirin, products Containing aspirin except doctors You specifically allow this.
- Pertuzumab, Trastuzumab, and Hyaluronidase have know to have an increase risk of neutropenia when given with myelosuppressive chemotherapy.
- Thirdly Tell your health care professionals if you are pregnant or maybe get pregnant before starting this treatment. This drug should not give to pregnant women or women who intend to pregnant. Moreover, If you are pregnant when taking pertuzumab, trastuzumab, and Hyaluronidase, stop taking medicine immediately and contact your doctor for further instructions.
- Pertuzumab, trastuzumab, and Hyaluronidase are know to cause embryo-fetal toxicity up to 7 months after injection. Similarly In potential reproductive women, effective contraception must be use during therapy and for 7 months after the last dose.
Phesgo Pertuzumab Trastuzumab Side Effects
- Important things to remember about the side effects of pertuzumab, trastuzumab, and Hyaluronidase:
- Most people will not experience all side effects listed.
- Pertuzumab side effects, trastuzumab, and Hyaluronidase can often be predicted in terms of onset, duration, and severity.
- Most side effects will improve after therapy is complete.
- There are many options to Minimize or prevent side effects from Pertuzumab, Trastuzumab, and Hyaluronidase.
Common Occurring Side Effects in greater than 30%
- Skin Reactions (Rash, dry skin)
- General Weakness
- Hair loss
- Peripheral Neuropathy
Common Occurring Side Effects in greater than 10-29%
- Decreased Appetite
- Injection Reaction
These are rare serious Side Effects
- Embryo-Fetal Toxicity
- Pulmonary toxicity
- Hypersensitivity or Administration-Related Reactions
Receiving Phesgo Dosing During Pregnancy can result in the death of an unborn baby and birth defects.
- Birth control should use while receiving Phesgo injection dosing and for 7 months after your last dose of Phesgo dosing manufacturer. For Instance, if you are a mother who is breastfeeding, you should talk with your doctor about either stopping breastfeeding or stopping PHESGO.
- Secondly you think you may be pregnant; you should contact your healthcare provider immediately.
- If you are expose to Phesgo during pregnancy or become pregnant while receiving Phesgo manufacturer or within 7 months following the last dose of Phesgo Injection.
What are the most serious side effects of Phesgo injection?
Phesgo may cause heart problems, including those without symptoms (such as reduced heart function) and those with symptoms (such as congestive heart failure).
- Firstly The risk for and seriousness of these heart problems are highest in people who received both Phesgo manufacturer and a certain type of chemotherapy (anthracycline)
- Your doctor will check for signs of heart problems before, during, and after treatment with Phesgo. Based on test results, your doctor may hold or discontinue treatment with Phesgo
- Contact a healthcare professional immediately for any of the following: new onset or worsening shortness of breath, cough, swelling of the ankles/legs, swelling of the face, palpitations, weight gain of more than 5 pounds in 24 hours, dizziness or loss of consciousness.
What are other possible serious side effects?
- Phesgo may worsen low white blood cell counts caused by chemotherapy: Low white blood cell counts can be life threatening and were see. More often in patients receiving Herceptin (trastuzumab) plus chemotherapy than in patients receiving chemotherapy alone.
- Phesgo may cause administration-related reactions: Phesgo manufacturer dosing is give as an injection. So The active ingredients in Phesgo dosing have associate with severe administration reactions, including hypersensitivity or anaphylaxis, which can be fatal. Talk to your doctor if you feel any symptoms. The most common symptoms include dizziness, nausea, chills, fever. However, vomiting, diarrhea, hives, swelling of the skin, breathing problems, or chest pain
Dosage Forms and Strengths
Injection: Phesgo is a clear to opalescent, and colorless to slightly brownish solution provided as:
- 1,200 mg pertuzumab, 600 mg trastuzumab, and 30,000 units hyaluronidase/15 mL (80 mg, 40 mg, and 2,000 units/mL) of solution in a single-dose vial
- 600 mg pertuzumab, 600 mg trastuzumab, and 20,000 units hyaluronidase/10 mL (60 mg, 60 mg, and 2,000 units/mL) of solution in a single-dose vial
Phesgo is contraindicated in patients with known Hypersensitivity to pertuzumab, or trastuzumab, or hyaluronidase, or to any of its excipients.
Warnings and Precautions
Phesgo can cause hypertension, arrhythmias, left ventricular cardiac dysfunction, disabling cardiac failure, cardiomyopathy, and cardiac death Phesgo can cause asymptomatic decline in LVEF.
An increased incidence of LVEF decline has been observed in patients treated with intravenous pertuzumab, intravenous trastuzumab, and docetaxel. A 4-6 fold increase in the incidence of symptomatic myocardial dysfunction has been reported among patients receiving trastuzumab, with the highest absolute incidence occurring when trastuzumab was administered with an anthracycline.
Patients who receive anthracycline after stopping Phesgo may also be at increased risk of cardiac dysfunction.
Phesgo can cause serious and fatal pulmonary toxicity. These adverse reactions have report with intravenous trastuzumab. Pulmonary toxicity includes dyspnea, interstitial pneumonitis, pulmonary infiltrates, pleural effusions, non-cardiogenic pulmonary edema, pulmonary insufficiency and hypoxia, acute respiratory distress syndrome, and pulmonary fibrosis. Patients with symptomatic intrinsic lung disease or with extensive tumor involvement of the lungs, resulting in dyspnea at rest, appear to have more severe toxicity.
Exacerbation of Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia
Phesgo may exacerbate chemotherapy-induced neutropenia. In randomized controlled clinical trials with intravenous trastuzumab, Grade 3-4 neutropenia and febrile neutropenia were higher in patients receiving trastuzumab in combination with myelosuppressive chemotherapy as compared to those who received chemotherapy alone. The incidence of septic death was similar among patients who received trastuzumab and those who did not.
Hypersensitivity and Administration-Related Reactions
Severe Administration-Relate reactions (ARRs), Because including Hypersensitivity, Anaphylaxis, and events with fatal Outcomes, have associated with Intravenous pertuzumab and Trastuzumab. Patients experiencing dyspnea at rest due to Complications of advanced malignancy and comorbidities may be at increased risk of a severe or of a fatal ARR.
In the Federica study, the incidence of hypersensitivity was 1.2% in the Phesgo arm. Administration-related reactions occurred in 21% of patients who received Phesgo. In the Phesgo arm, the most common Administration-related reactions were Injection site reaction (15%) and Injection site pain (2%).
Closely monitor patients during and for 30 minutes after the Injection of initial dose and during and for 15 minutes following Subsequent injections of Maintenance dose of Phesgo. If a significant Injection-related reaction occurs, phesgo Manufacturer but slow down or pause the injection and administer appropriate medical Therapies. So Evaluate and carefully monitor patients until complete Resolution of signs and symptoms.
There are no reviews yet.