Nubeqa darolutamide 300 mg Tablet You can take from Nubeqa darolutamide 300mg best price from Yourmedikart. Used to treat adults with prostate Cancer
NUBEQA 300mg Tablet
- Generic Name: Darolutamide Tablets
- Brand Name: Nubeqa
- Drug Class: Antiandrogens
What is NUBEQA 300mg ?
- NUBEQA is a brand-name prescription medication. It’s FDA-approved to treat a type of prostate cancer called non metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (nmCRPC).
- “Non metastatic” refers to cancer that hasn’t metastasized (spread) to other parts of the body from its original location. “Castration-resistant” means that reducing the level of testosterone in the body doesn’t stop this cancer. Testosterone is the main sex hormone in males.†
- The active drug in NUBEQA is darolutamide. Nubeqa belongs to a group of medications known as androgen receptor inhibitors.
- NUBEQA comes as tablets that you swallow. You’ll likely take the drug twice daily. Nubeqa is available in one strength: 300 milligrams (mg).
- NUBEQA Darolutamide is a prescription medicine used to treat adults with prostate cancer:
- That has not spread to other parts of the body and no longer responds to medical or surgical treatment that lowers testosterone (non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer or nmCRPC)
- That has spread to other parts of the body and responds to medical or surgical treatment that lowers testosterone (metastatic hormone-sensitive prostate cancer or mHSPC), in combination with docetaxel
It is not known if NUBEQA is safe and effective in women or children.
- Nubeqa is available only as a brand-name medication. It’s not currently available in generic form.
- A generic drug is an exact copy of the active drug in a brand-name medication. Generics usually cost less than brand-name drugs.
- The active drug in Nubeqa is darolutamide.
How Nubeqa Works
Darolutamide Nubeqa 300mg tablet is used to treat no metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (nmCRPC). This is a type of cancer that forms in the prostate gland (a part of the male reproductive system). Cancer cells are abnormal cells that usually grow very quickly and sometimes spread to other areas of the body.
NmCRPC is a kind of prostate cancer defined by two key features:
- It’s no metastatic, which means the cancer cells are located only in the prostate gland. The cancer hasn’t metastasized (spread) to other areas of the body.
- It’s castration-resistant. The word “castration” refers to a treatment or surgery that lowers the level of testosterone in the body. (Testosterone is the main sex hormone in males.) Medications or surgery to remove the testicles can reduce the level of testosterone. When a cancer is castration-resistant, reducing the level of testosterone in the body doesn’t stop the cancer.
- No metastatic prostate cancer can eventually become metastatic and grow outside of the prostate. The main goal of treatment for nmCRPC is to delay cancer spread to other areas of the body.
What Darolutamide Nubeqa Does
The way a drug works is called its mechanism of action. The mechanism of action of Nubeqa is to block the effects of testosterone. Prostate cancer depends on testosterone to grow and spread. Nubeqa can help slow down how fast the cancer grows and help prevent it from spreading to other areas of the body.
How long does it take to Work?
Nubeqa begins to work right away, but you may not notice any changes in your condition that quickly. Your doctor will order prostate-specific antigen (PSA) tests for you. PSA tests can check how well Nubeqa is treating your prostate cancer. A lower PSA level in the blood is a sign that the drug is working. To learn more about your PSA level, talk with your doctor.
Nubeqa 300mg Side Effects
- Darolutamide Nubeqa can cause mild or serious side effects. The following lists contain some of the key side effects that may occur while taking Nubeqa. These lists don’t include all possible side effects.
- For more information about the possible side effects of Nubeqa, talk with your doctor or pharmacist. They can give you tips on how to deal with any side effects that may be bothersome.
Note: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) tracks side effects of drugs it has approved. If you would like to notify the FDA about a side effect you’ve had with Nubeqa, you can do so through Med Watch.
Mild side effects
Mild side effects of Nubeqa can include:
- Weakness and fatigue (lack of energy)
- Pain in extremities (arms, legs, hands, or feet)
- Neutropenia (decreased level of white blood cells called neutrophils)
- Increased liver enzyme levels on blood tests
Most of these side effects may go away within a few days or a couple of weeks. But if they become more severe or don’t go away, talk with your doctor or pharmacist.
To learn more about the mild side effects of Nubeqa, talk with your doctor or pharmacist. Or you can view Nubeqa Patient Information.
What is NUBEQA and how is it used?
NUBEQA is a prescription medicine used to treat men with prostate cancer that has not spread to other parts of the body and no longer responds to a medical or surgical treatment that lowers testosterone.
It is not known if Darolutamide NUBEQA is safe and effective in females.
It is not known if Darolutamide NUBEQA is safe and effective in children.
What are the possible side effects of NUBEQA?
The most common side effects of NUBEQA include:
- Feeling more tired than usual
- Arm, leg, hand or foot pain
- Decreased white blood cells (neutropenia)
- Changes in liver function tests
NUBEQA may cause fertility problems in males, which may affect the ability to father children. Talk to your healthcare provider if you have concerns about fertility.
These are not all the possible side effects of Darolutamide NUBEQA.
Call your healthcare provider for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA.
Serious side effects
Serious side effects from Nubeqa aren’t common, but they can occur. Call your doctor right away if you have serious side effects. Call 911 or your local emergency number if your symptoms feel life threatening or if you think you’re having a medical emergency.
Serious side effects and their symptoms can include:
- Pneumonia (a type of lung infection). Symptoms can include:
- Coughing up greenish phlegm from your lungs
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Hematuria (blood in the urine).
- Heart problems, such as heart failure.
- Urinary retention (not being able to fully empty your bladder).
- Hypertension (high blood pressure).
- Allergic reaction.
Side effect details
You may wonder how often certain side effects occur with this drug. Here’s some detail on certain side effects this drug may cause.
As with most drugs, some people can have an allergic reaction after taking Darolutamide Nubeqa. It isn’t known how often allergic reaction may have occurred in clinical studies of Nubeqa.
Symptoms of a mild allergic reaction can include:
- Skin rash
- Flushing (warmth, swelling, or redness in your skin)
A more severe allergic reaction is rare but possible. Symptoms of a severe allergic reaction can include:
- Swelling under your skin, typically in your eyelids, lips, hands, or feet
- Swelling of your tongue, mouth, or throat
- Trouble breathing
Call your doctor right away if you have an allergic reaction to Nubeqa, as the reaction could become severe. Call 911 or your local emergency number if your symptoms feel life threatening or if you think you’re having a medical emergency.
Heart problems are a possible side effect of Nubeqa. In a clinical trial of the drug, the types of heart problems reported fell into two categories:
- Ischemic heart disease (also known as coronary heart disease)
- Heart failure
Ischemic Heart Disease
With ischemic heart disease, the blood vessels that carry oxygen and blood to the heart become too narrow. This could result in serious health problems, such as heart attack.
The most common symptom of ischemic heart disease is angina. This is a type of chest pain that may cause a feeling of pressure or heaviness across the chest.
With heart failure, the heart doesn’t pump blood around the body well. As a result, the body’s cells don’t receive enough oxygen and nutrients from the blood.
Symptoms of heart failure can include:
- Extreme fatigue
- Shortness of breath
- Heart palpitations (feeling of skipped or extra heartbeats)
- Edema (fluid buildup) in your legs and feet
How often heart problems occurred
In a clinical trial, males took either Nubeqa or a placebo, which is a treatment with no active drug.
They also took a type of medication known as a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analog or had a bilateral orchiectomy. (A bilateral orchiectomy is surgical removal of the testicles). Both the GnRH analog and surgery reduce the level of testosterone produced in the body.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Before taking NUBEQA, tell your healthcare provider about all your medical conditions, including if you:
- Have heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes, or high amounts of fat or cholesterol in your blood (dyslipidemia)
- Have a history of seizures, brain injury, stroke, or brain tumors
- Have kidney or liver problems
- Are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. NUBEQA can cause harm to your unborn baby and loss of pregnancy (miscarriage)
- Have a partner who may become pregnant. Males who have female partners who may become pregnant should use effective birth control (contraception) during treatment and
- For 1 week after the last dose of NUBEQA. Talk with your healthcare provider about birth control methods
are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if NUBEQA passes into breast milk
- Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. NUBEQA may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how NUBEQA works.
You should not start or stop any medicine before you talk with the healthcare provider that prescribed NUBEQA.
Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of them with you to show to your healthcare provider and pharmacist when you get a new medicine.
NUBEQA may cause serious side effects, including:
Heart disease Blockage of the arteries in the heart (ischemic heart disease) that can lead to death has happened in some people during treatment with NUBEQA. Your healthcare provider will monitor you for signs and symptoms of heart problems during your treatment with nubeqa 300mg tablet price. Call your healthcare provider or get medical help right away if you get chest pain or discomfort at rest or with activity or shortness of breath during your treatment with NUBEQA
Seizure. Treatment with NUBEQA may increase your risk of having a seizure. You should avoid activities where a sudden loss of consciousness could cause serious harm to yourself or others. Tell your healthcare provider right away if you have loss of consciousness or seizure
The most common side effects of nubeqa 300mg tablet price in people with nmCRPC include
Nubeqa and Alcohol
There aren’t any known interactions between Nubeqa and alcohol. However, drinking too much alcohol can cause some of the same side effects of Nubeqa. (For more about Nubeqa side effects, see the “Nubeqa side effects” section above.)
Drinking alcohol with Nubeqa may raise your risk for certain side effects, such as:
- Fatigue (lack of energy)
Also, over time, drinking too much alcohol can affect how well your liver works. Your liver is responsible for metabolizing (breaking down) medications and has many other important functions. If you have liver damage, it may not be safe for you to take nubeqa 300mg price. (To learn more, see the “Nubeqa precautions” section below).
If you drink alcohol, talk with your doctor about how much is safe for you to consume while you take Nubeqa.
Nubeqa can interact with many other medications. It can also interact with certain supplements as well as certain foods.
Different interactions can cause different effects. For instance, some interactions can interfere with how well a drug works. Other interactions can increase the number of side effects or make them more severe.
Nubeqa and other Medications
Below are examples of medications that can interact with Nubeqa in different ways. This section doesn’t contain all possible drugs that may interact with Nubeqa.
Before taking Nubeqa, talk with your doctor and pharmacist. Tell them about all prescription, over-the-counter, and other drugs you take. Also tell them about any vitamins, herbs, and supplements you use. Sharing this information can help you avoid potential interactions.
If you have questions about drug interactions that may affect you, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Nubeqa and drugs that can increase the level of Nubeqa
Certain medications can slow down how quickly your body metabolizes (breaks down) Nubeqa. If your system breaks down Nubeqa more slowly than usual, the level of Nubeqa in your body can increase. A higher level could raise your risk for side effects or make them more severe. For more information on side effects, see the “Nubeqa side effects” section above.
- As with all medications, the cost of Nubeqa can vary. The actual price you’ll pay depends on your insurance plan, your location, and the pharmacy you use.
- Keep in mind that you may be able to get a 90-day supply of Nubeqa. If approved by your insurance company, getting a 90-day supply of the drug could reduce your number of trips to the pharmacy and help lower the cost. If you’re interested in this option, talk with your doctor or your insurance company.
- It’s important to note that you’ll have to get Nubeqa at a specialty pharmacy. This type of pharmacy is authorized to carry specialty medications. These are drugs that may be expensive or may require help from healthcare professionals to be used safely and effectively.
- Before approving coverage for Nubeqa, your insurance company may require you to get prior authorization. This means that your doctor and insurance company will need to communicate about your prescription before the insurance company will cover the drug. The insurance company will review the prior authorization request and decide if the drug will be covered.
- If you’re not sure if you’ll need to get prior authorization for Nubeqa, contact your insurance company.
Financial and Insurance Assistance
If you need financial support to pay for nubeqa 300mg tablet price, or if you need help understanding your insurance coverage, help may be available.
Bayer, the manufacturer of nubeqa 300mg tablet price, offers a program called DUDE Access Services that may help lower the cost of this drug. For more information and to find out if you’re eligible for support, call 833-337-DUDE (833-337-3833) or visit the program website.
Nubeqa may be available through a mail-order pharmacy. Using this service may help lower the drug’s cost and allow you to get your medication without leaving home.
If recommended by your doctor, you may be able to receive a 90-day supply of nubeqa 300mg price , so there’s less concern about running out of the medication. If you’re interested in this option, talk with your doctor and your insurance company. Some Medicare plans may help cover the cost of mail-order medications.
If you don’t have insurance, you can ask your doctor or pharmacist about online pharmacy options.
Nubeqa 300mg tablet is not available in a generic form. A generic drug is an exact copy of the active drug in a brand-name medication. Generics tend to cost less than brand-name drugs.
Nubeqa use with other drugs
With one exception, nubeqa 300mg tablet must be used with another type of medication: a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analog. The one exception is if you’ve already had a bilateral orchiectomy, nubeqa 300mg price which is surgery to remove the testicles. In this situation, Nubeqa can be used alone to treat no metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (nmCRPC).
Treatment with a GnRH analog may also be called GnRH analog therapy or androgen deprivation therapy. The GnRH analog helps prevent the body from making certain hormones. nubeqa 300mg price This includes blocking the production of testosterone, the main male hormone.
Some examples of GnRH analogs include:
- Leuprolide (Lupron Depot)
- Goserelin (Zoladex)
- Triptorelin (Trelstar)
- Histrelin (Vantas)