Stelara Ustekinumab 130 mg is an immunosuppressant that reduces the effects of a chemical substance in the body ustekinumab mechanism of action can cause inflammation. Stelara is use to treat plaque psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis in adults and children who are at least 6 years old. And Stelara ustekinumab mechanism of action130 mg/26ml price in india best at yourmedikart and this is use in adults to treat moderately to severely active Crohn’s disease after other medicines have try without success. Stelara 130 mg price good at Yourmedikart. Stelara ustekinumab cost in india minimal at online. This is also use in adults to treat moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis.
Generic name: Ustekinumab
Brand names: Stelara, Stelara PFS
Drug class: Interleukin inhibitors
What is Stelara?
- Stelara Ustekinumab contains the drug ustekinumab, which is a biologic medication. A biologic medication is made from living cells. Ustekinumab doesn’t come in a biosimilar form. (Biosimilars are like generic drugs. But unlike generics, Stelara 130 mg price good at Yourmedikart. which are made for nonbiologic drugs, biosimilars are made for biologic drugs.) Instead, it’s available only in a brand-name form.
- Stelara comes as a solution that you’ll receive as an injection. For most of its uses, you’ll take Stelara as an injection under your skin. Your doctor may give you instructions on how to inject the drug yourself.
- But in some cases, you may receive Stelara as an intravenous (IV) infusion from a healthcare provider. With an IV infusion, you’ll get the medication through your vein over a period of time.
- Read on to learn about Stelara’s side effects, how it’s take, its cost, and more.
How should I use Stelara?
- Before you start treatment with Stelara 130 mg, your doctor may perform tests to make sure you do not have tuberculosis or other infections.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label and read all medication guides or instruction sheets. Use the medicine exactly as directed. You must remain under the care of a doctor while you are receiving Stelara.
- Stelara Ustekinumab is inject under the skin, or as an infusion into a vein, ustekinumab mechanism of action usually once every 12 weeks. Stelara ustekinumab cost in india minimal at online. Your first and second dose may be only 4 weeks apart.
- A healthcare provider will give your first dose and may teach you how to properly use the medication by yourself. Read and carefully follow any Instructions for Use provided with your medicine. Stelara 130 mg price good at Yourmedikart. Do not use Stelara if you don’t understand all instructions for proper use. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have questions.
- Prepare your injection only when you are ready to give it. Do not use if the medicine looks cloudy, has changed colors, or has particles in it. Stelara ustekinumab cost in india best at Yourmedikart. Call your pharmacist for new medicine.
- Your care provider will show you the best places on your body to inject Stelara. Use a different place each time you give an injection. Do not inject into the same place two times in a row. Avoid injecting the medicine into skin that is red, bruised, swollen, or tender.
- Ustekinumab doses are typically based on weight. Your dose needs may change if you gain or lose weight.
Call your doctor if you have any signs of tuberculosis:
- Fever, cough, night sweats, loss of appetite, weight loss, and feeling constantly tired.
- You will need frequent medical tests.
- Each prefilled syringe or single-use vial (bottle) is for one use only. Throw it away after one use, even if there is still medicine left inside.
- Store in the refrigerator. Protect from light. Do not freeze and not shake the medicine. Store the vials in an upright position.
- Use a needle and syringe only once and then place them in a puncture-proof “sharps” container. ustekinumab mechanism of action Follow state or local laws about how to dispose of this container. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
What is Stelara used for?
If you have certain autoimmune conditions, your doctor may prescribe Stelara Ustekinumab for you. (With autoimmune diseases, your immune system is overactive.)
Stelara is use for the following long-lasting diseases:
- Moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis (PsO). Ustekinumab mechanism of action For PsO, adults and children ages 6 years and older can take Stelara. With PsO, you have swollen, red or darkened patches on your skin. Over time, you may also develop swollen joints.
- Psoriatic arthritis (PsA). For PsA, adults can take Stelara. With PsA, you have red or darkened patches of skin and swollen joints. You may have arthritis in joints on both or just one side of your body. Usually, with this condition, you’ll develop skin issues before you develop joint swelling.
- Moderate-to-severe Crohn’s disease. For Crohn’s disease, adults can take Stelara. Crohn’s disease is a condition that affects the digestive system. With Crohn’s disease, you may have inflammation in any part of your digestive tract, from your mouth to your anus. You may have unpredictable times of remission, when your symptoms are controlled. And you may have times of relapse, when your symptoms are worsened.
- Moderate-to-severe ulcerative colitis (UC). For UC, adults can take Stelara. With UC, you have inflammation in your large intestine. With UC, you may have unpredictable times of remission, when your symptoms are controlled. Stelara ustekinumab cost in india good at online. And you may have times of relapse, when your symptoms are worsened.
To control symptoms of these long-lasting diseases, your doctor may prescribe medications to slow down the activity of your immune system.
Stelara is an antibody (a type of protein) that’s made in a lab. Ustekinumab mechanism of action works by blocking substances made by your immune system that can cause long-lasting inflammation. These substances, called cytokines, promote inflammation and may cause disease. Stelara 130 mg price best at Yourmedikart. By blocking cytokines, Stelara can help control symptoms and relapses of certain diseases.’
Before Taking this Medicine
You should not use Stelara if you are allergic to ustekinumab, or if you have:
- Active tuberculosis; or
- If you have received a BCG (Bacillus Calmette and Guérin) vaccine within the past 12 months.
Tell your doctor if you have ever had tuberculosis, if anyone in your household has tuberculosis, or if you have recently traveled to an area where tuberculosis is common.
To make sure Stelara is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:
- Signs of infection (fever, chills, cough, muscle aches, painful skin sores, diarrhea, pain when you urinate, feeling very tired);
- Chronic Infections;
- New or changing skin lesions
- A latex Allergy
- Phototherapy (light therapy)
- Allergy shots; or
- If you recently received or are schedule to receive any vaccine.
Some people using Stelara have developed skin cancer (non-melanoma). However, these people may have had a higher risk of skin cancer. Talk to your doctor about this risk and what skin symptoms to watch for. Stelara 130 mg price minimal at Yourmedikart. Ustekinumab mechanism of action You may need to have regular skin exams.
- It is not known whether this medicine will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- If you are pregnant, your name may be listed on a pregnancy registry to track the effects of ustekinumab on the baby.
- It may not be safe to breast-feed while using this medicine. Ask your doctor about any risk.
How is Stelara Ustekinumab taken?
Your doctor will explain how you should take Stelara injections. Stelara ustekinumab cost in india best at online at Yourmedikart. They will also explain how much to inject and how often. Be sure to follow your doctor’s instructions. Below are commonly used doses, but always inject the dose your doctor prescribes.
Taking Stelara 130 mg
Stelara Ustekinumab comes as a solution inside prefilled syringes and single-dose vials. You’ll receive this solution as an injection under your skin.
Stelara Ustekinumab solution for injection under your skin is available in two strengths:
- 90 milligrams/milliliter (mg/mL), in single-dose prefilled syringes
- 45 mg/0.5 mL, in single-dose prefilled syringes and single dose vials
Stelara also comes as a solution inside single-dose vials that you’ll receive from healthcare providers as an intravenous (IV) infusion. With an IV infusion, you’ll get the medication through your vein over a period of time.
Stelara solution for IV infusion is available in single-dose vials in one strength: 130 mg/26 mL.
Injection sites for Stelara 130 mg
Your doctor or nurse will show you how to inject Stelara under your skin. Every time you inject Stelara, you should change the site of where you’re injecting the drug. You can choose from the following locations:
- Outer side of your upper arms
- Front of your thighs
- Your belly, staying 2 inches (5 centimeters) away from your belly button
Depending on your condition, your doctor may prescribe either an IV infusion or an injection of Stelara. Either way, your prescribed dose will depend on your body weight.
- You should not use Stelara if you have received a BCG (Bacillus Calmette and Guérin) vaccine within 1 year prior to, during, or 1 year following treatment.
- Before you start treatment with Stelara, your doctor may perform tests to make sure you do not have tuberculosis.
- Serious infections may occur during treatment with Stelara. Call your doctor right away if you have signs of infection such as: fever, chills, muscle pain, shortness of breath, weight loss, diarrhea or stomach pain, burning when you urinate, feeling very tired, skin warmth or redness, painful skin sores, or coughing up blood.
- Ustekinumab may also cause a rare but serious condition affecting the brain. Tell your doctor right away if you have a headache, confusion, vision problems, or a seizure.
Stelara 130 mg Side Effects
Like most drugs, Stelara Ustekinumab may cause mild or serious side effects. The lists below describe some of the more common side effects that Stelara may cause. These lists don’t include all possible side effects.
Your doctor or pharmacist can tell you more about the potential side effects of Stelara. They can also suggest ways to help reduce side effects.
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to ustekinumab mechanism of action: hives; chest pain, At the same time difficult breathing; feeling light-headed; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Serious infections may occur during treatment with Stelara. Call your doctor right away if you have signs of infection such as: fever, chills, muscle pain, shortness of breath, weight loss, diarrhea or stomach pain, burning when you urinate, feeling very tired, skin warmth or redness, painful skin sores, or coughing up blood.
Also call your doctor at once if you have:
- A mole that has changed in size or color
- Swelling, pain, warmth, or redness anywhere on your body
- Stomach pain that is sudden and severe or comes on slowly, At the same time changes in bowel habits (diarrhea or constipation)
- New or worsening cough, sudden chest pain, feeling short of breath
- Pain or burning when you urinate; or
- Severe headache, confusion, change in mental status, vision problems, and/or seizure (convulsions).
Common Stelara side effects may include:
- Fever, flu-like symptoms
- Stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Vaginal itching or discharge
- Pain or burning when you urinate
- Cough with mucus, shortness of breath, chest discomfort
- Headache, tiredness; or
- Redness at the injection site.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
Serious Side Effects
Serious side effects from Stelara can occur, but they aren’t common. Stelara ustekinumab cost in india minimal at online. If you have serious side effects from Stelara, call your doctor right away. However, if you think you’re having a medical emergency, you should call 911 or your local emergency number.
Serious side effects can include:
- Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome (PRES), because which is a condition that causes swelling in your brain and may lead to headache*
- Allergic reaction
- Serious infections such as pneumonia
What should be done in case of overdose?
- Don’t take more Stelara than your doctor prescribes. Hence Using more than this can lead to serious side effects.
- If you inject more Stelara than what’s prescribed, Stelara 130 mg price minimal at Yourmedikart. additionally your doctor will closely monitor you for any symptoms of overdose.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Call your doctor for instructions if you miss a dose.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
What should I avoid while using Stelara 130 mg ?
Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Simultaneously Stelara 130 mg price check at yourmedikart Tell your doctor at once if you develop signs of infection.
BCG vaccine should not be give for at least 1 year after you receive your last dose of Stelara.
Non-live vaccines (including flu shots) may not work as well during your treatment and may not fully protect you from disease. Make sure you are current on all vaccines before you begin treatment with this medicine.
What other drugs will affect Stelara?
Firstly Other drugs may interact with ustekinumab, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Stelara ustekinumab cost in india minimal at online. Tell your doctor about all your current medicines and any medicine you start or stop using.
There are no reviews yet.