BAYER SCHERING PHARMA
GENERIC NAME : RIVAROXABAN
Treatment with Xarelto Tablet
Xarelto 10mg Tablet is used for prevention of blood clots. It is used to prevent and treat blood clots forming in the legs, lungs, brain or heart.
Self Care Tips :
- For best results, take Xarelto 10mg Tablet at the same time every day. It is better to take at night with meals.
- Xarelto 10mg Tablet increases your risk of bleeding. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails, using sharp objects or engaging in contact sports (e.g. football, wrestling).Avoid activities that may increase your risk of bleeding or injury. Use extra care to prevent bleeding while shaving or brushing your teeth.
- Notify your doctor if you see blood in your vomit, urine or stool (black, tarry stools or bright red blood).
- If you are going to have a surgery or dental treatment, you may be asked to stop taking Xarelto 10mg Tablet temporarily.
The patient must take certain measures before and while using Xarelto 10mg Tablet to ensure proper treatment and avoid any unreasonable scenario. These include :-
- Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
- Xarelto 10mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Xarelto 10mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
- Xarelto 10mg Tablet may cause dizziness or fainting. This may affect your driving ability.
- Xarelto 10mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Xarelto 10mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
- Use of Xarelto 10mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
- Xarelto 10mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with liver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.
Some of the side effects are :-
How Xarelto Tablet Works
Xarelto 10mg Tablet is a novel oral anticoagulant (NOAC). It works by preventing the formation of blood clots in the body.
What if you miss a dose of Xarelto Tablet?
If you miss a dose of Xarelto 10mg Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.