Urotone 25 Mg Tablets
SAMARTH PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
PACKING : 1X10
GENERIC NAME : BETHANECHOL CHLORIDE
Composition : Bethanechol 25 MG
Treatment with Urotone 25 mg Tablet
Urotone 25mg Tablet is used in the treatment of urinary retention. It treats acute post-operative and postpartum non-obstructive (functional) urinary retention and neurogenic atony of the urinary bladder with retention.
Self Care Tips :
- Always take bethanechol on an empty stomach/ half an hour before food to reduce the risk of nausea.
- Avoid using bethanechol if you are pregnant, or planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Consult your doctor before taking bethanechol if you have a history of or you are suffering from asthma, bladder infection, fits (epilepsy), high blood pressure, heart disease, Parkinson’s disease (disorder with shuffling walk, and trembling), overactive thyroid gland, or ulcers.
- Stop bethanechol and consult your doctor immediately if you experience shortness of breath, fainting or very slow heart beat (pulse rate below 50 beats per minute).
- Bethanechol may cause drowsiness and interfere with ability to drive or operate machinery.
The patient must take certain measures before and while using Urotone 25mg Tablet to ensure proper treatment and avoid any unreasonable scenario. These include :-
- Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
- Urotone 25mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
- Urotone 25mg Tablet should be used with caution during lactation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body.
- Urotone 25mg Tablet may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
- Urotone 25mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Urotone 25mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
- There is limited information available on the use of Urotone 25mg Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Some of the side effects are :-
- Intenstinal Colic
How to use Urotone Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Urotone 25mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
How Urotone Tablet Works
Urotone 25mg Tablet is a muscarinic agonist. It works by making the contraction of urinary bladder muscle sufficiently strong to initiate urination and empty the bladder.