Ocrevus 300 mg/10 ml ocrelizumab price in india best at Yourmedikart Ocrelizumab is used to treat certain forms of multiple sclerosis-MS
Product : Ocrevus 300 mg/10 ml
Generic name : Ocrelizumab
What is Ocrevus?
If you have multiple sclerosis (MS), your doctor may prescribe Ocrevus for you.
Ocrevus is a prescription drug that’s use for the following conditions in adults:
- active secondary progressive MS
- primary progressive MS
- relapsing-remitting MS
- clinically isolated syndrome, which may the first sign of MS
To learn more about these conditions and how Ocrevus 300 mg is used to treat them, see the “Is Ocrevus 300 mg used for MS?” section below
Ocrelizumab is use to treat certain forms of multiple sclerosis-MS (relapsing or primary progressive forms). It is not a cure for MS, but it is thought to help slow down nerve damage, reduce the number of relapses, and delay disability. Ocrelizumab belongs to a class of drugs known as monoclonal antibodies.
Your doctor will explain how Ocrevus will give to you. They will also explain how much you’ll give and how often. Below are commonly used dosages, but the dosage you receive will determined by your doctor.
Comes as a liquid solution inside a vial. You’ll receive doses of Ocrevus 300 mg from a healthcare professional by intravenous (IV) infusion. (This is an injection that’s given slowly into a vein over time.)
The drug ocrelizumab, which is a biologic medication. Ocrevus 300 mg/10 ml ocrelizumab price in india best at Yourmedikart Ocrelizumab is used to treat certain forms of multiple sclerosis-MS. A biologic is made from parts of living organisms. Ocrevus isn’t available in a biosimilar form. (Biosimilars are like generic drugs. But unlike generics, which are made for non biologic drugs, biosimilars are made for biologic drugs.) Instead, ocrelizumab is available only as the brand-name drug Ocrevus.
Read on to learn how Ocrevus is given, its uses and side effects, and more.
How to use Ocrevus 300 mg Vial
- Read the Medication Guide provided by your pharmacist before you start using ocrelizumab and each time you get an infusion. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- This medication is given by injection into a vein by a health care professional. It is given as directed by your doctor on a treatment schedule. The first 2 infusions are usually given 2 weeks apart. After that, an infusion is usually given once every 6 months. Follow your doctor’s treatment schedule.
- Ocrelizumab may cause very serious (rarely fatal) side effects called infusion reactions during or up to 24 hours after treatment. Your doctor or nurse will monitor you closely during your infusion and for at least 1 hour afterward. Your infusion may slow down or stopped depending on your symptoms. Ocrevus 300 mg/10 ml ocrelizumab price in india best at Yourmedikart Ocrelizumab is used to treat certain forms of multiple sclerosis-MS. Tell your doctor or nurse right away if any of these side effects occur: rash, itching, trouble breathing, throat swelling/pain, tiredness, fever, fainting, flushing of the face, nausea, headache, dizziness, fast heartbeat.
- You may also give additional medications before each treatment, including a corticosteroid (such as methylprednisolone), an antihistamine (such as diphenhydramine), and acetaminophen to help reduce the severity of an infusion reaction.
Also check this : Adcetris 50mg
- Before using ocrelizumab, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: current/past/returning infections (including hepatitis B, herpes, tuberculosis), life-threatening infusion reaction to ocrelizumab.
- This drug may make you dizzy. Alcohol or marijuana (cannabis) can make you more dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs alertness until you can do it safely. Limit alcoholic beverages. Talk to your doctor if you are using marijuana (cannabis).
- Ocrelizumab 300 mg can make you more likely to get infections or may worsen any current infections. Avoid contact with people who have infections that may spread to others (such as chickenpox, measles, flu). Consult your doctor if you have been exposed to an infection or for more details.
- Tell your health care professional that you are using ocrelizumab before having any immunizations/vaccinations. Avoid contact with people who have recently received live vaccines (such as flu vaccine inhaled through the nose).
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. You should not become pregnant while using ocrelizumab due to the risk of harm to an unborn baby. Discuss the use of reliable forms of birth control while using this medication and for 6 months after stopping treatment. If you become pregnant, talk to your doctor right away about the risks and benefits of this medication. Ocrevus 300 mg/10 ml ocrelizumab price in india best at Yourmedikart Ocrelizumab is used to treat certain forms of multiple sclerosis-MS. Infants born to mothers who receive ocrelizumab during pregnancy should test for the ability to respond to vaccines before receiving any vaccinations.
It is unknown if this medication passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
Consult your pharmacist or physician.
What are Ocrevus’s side effects?
Like most drugs, Ocrevus may cause mild or serious side effects. The lists below describe some of the more common side effects that Ocrevus may cause. These lists don’t include all possible side effects.
Keep in mind that side effects of a drug can depend on:
- your age
- other health conditions you have
- other medications you may taking
Your doctor or pharmacist can tell you more about the potential side effects of Ocrevus. They can also suggest ways to help reduce side effects.
Mild side effects
Below are short lists of some of the mild side effects that Ocrevus can cause. To learn about other mild side effects, talk with your doctor or pharmacist, or read the Ocrevus medication guide.
Some mild side effects of Ocrevus have been seen mostly in people with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis. This is multiple sclerosis (MS) with periods of both remission and relapse. These side effects include:
- arm, leg, or back pain
And some mild side effects of Ocrevus have been seen mostly in people with primary progressive MS (PPMS), a rare form of MS. These side effects include:
- arm or leg swelling
- skin infections
Other mild side effects that may occur with Ocrevus include:
- herpes infections, such as cold sores or shingles
- lower respiratory infections, such as pneumonia
- fatigue* (lack of energy)
- upper respiratory infections (URIs)*
Mild side effects of many drugs may go away within a few days or a couple of weeks. But if they become bothersome, talk with your doctor or pharmacist.
* For more information on this side effect, see the “Side effect focus” section below.
Serious side effects
Serious side effects from Ocrevus 300 mg can occur, but they aren’t common. If you have serious side effects from Ocrevus, call your doctor right away. However, if you think you’re having a medical emergency, you should call 911 or your local emergency number.
Serious side effects that have been reported with the use of Ocrevus include:
- certain cancers, such as breast cancer
- allergic reaction*
- side effects from infusion (receiving treatment slowly through a needle)*
* For more information on this side effect, see the “Side effect focus” section below.
Side effect focus
Learn more about some of the side effects Ocrevus 300 mg may cause.
Infusion side effects
You might experience side effects from the infusion process after receiving an Ocrevus 300 mg dose. This was a common side effect in clinical studies of the drug.
You may have infusion side effects up to 24 hours after your Ocrevus dose. You’re more likely to experience this side effect after your first few doses of Ocrevus 300 mg than after later doses.
Infusion side effects can include:
- fatigue (lack of energy)
- itchy skin
- pain or swelling in your mouth
- skin redness or discoloration
- trouble breathing
Your doctor will monitor you for infusion side effects for at least 1 hour after your Ocrevus infusion.
What might help
- Tell your doctor right away if you have any infusion side effects from Ocrevus. These could life threatening if untreated.
- If you have infusion side effects from Ocrevus, your doctor may slow your Ocrevus infusion. This can help lower your risk for this reaction.
- Your doctor may also prescribe other drugs with Ocrevus 300 mg to help lower your risk for infusion side effects. They’ll give you doses of these drugs about 30 to 60 minutes before each Ocrevus infusion.
- You’ll likely give a corticosteroid, such as methylprednisolone (Medrol) and an antihistamine, such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl). If you have a fever after your Ocrevus injection, you may also be given acetaminophen (Tylenol) or another drug to help lower your temperature.
Upper respiratory infection
Upper respiratory infections (URIs), such as the common cold, might occur after receiving Ocrevus. URIs were a common side effect in clinical studies of the drug.
URIs can cause symptoms such as:
- mucus production
- runny or stuffy nose
Drug interactions may change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. This document does not contain all possible drug interactions. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. Ocrevus ocrelizumab price in india best at Yourmedikart. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor’s approval.
Some products that may interact with this drug are: other drugs that weaken the immune system/increase the risk of infection (such as natalizumab, rituximab).
If someone has overdosed and has serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, call 911. Otherwise, call a poison control center right away. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center.
Lab and/or medical tests (such as blood tests to check for hepatitis B infection, breast cancer screening, immunoglobulin levels) should be done before you start using this medication, as well as during and after treatment. Ocrevus ocrelizumab price in india best at Yourmedikart. Keep all medical and lab appointments. Consult your doctor for more details.
It is important to get each dose of this medication as scheduled. If you miss a dose, ask your doctor or pharmacist right away for a new dosing schedule.
Not applicable. This medication is given in an infusion center and will not store at home.
What are some frequently asked questions about Ocrevus?
Find answers to some commonly asked questions about Ocrevus.
Is Ocrevus a chemotherapy or immunosuppressant drug?
- Ocrevus 300 mg isn’t a type of chemotherapy, but it is an immunosuppressant drug.
- Chemotherapy works by destroying cells that grow more rapidly than healthy cells, such as cancer cells. Immunosuppressant drugs work by lessening the activity of your immune system.
- Ocrevus is a type of immunosuppressant called a monoclonal antibody. The drug specifically works by lowering the number of B cells (a type of white blood cell) in your body. This can help relieve your multiple sclerosis (MS) symptoms.
Does Ocrevus cause hair loss?
- It isn’t likely. Hair loss wasn’t a side effect reported in clinical studies of the drug.
- However, other drugs used to treat MS can cause hair loss, such as azathioprine (Imuran) and methotrexate (Trexall).
- If you have hair loss while receiving Ocrevus, talk with your doctor. Ocrevus ocrelizumab price in india best at Yourmedikart. They can help you determine the cause of your hair loss and can suggest ways to prevent it.
Will I have weight gain or weight loss with Ocrevus?
- Weight gain and weight loss weren’t side effects reported in clinical studies of Ocrevus. But keep in mind that weight changes can a symptom of MS.
- If you experience weight gain or weight loss while receiving Ocrevus, talk with your doctor. They can suggest healthy ways to manage your weight.
How does Ocrevus 300 mg work?
- Ocrevus is prescribed to treat certain types of MS in adults. MS causes your immune system to attack the protective covering of your brain and spinal cord. This can cause swelling in your brain and spinal cord, which interrupts the communication between your brain and body.
- Ocrevus works by lowering the number of B cells (a type of white blood cell) in your body. Ocrevus ocrelizumab price in india best at Yourmedikart. This lessens the activity of your immune system and relieves your MS symptoms.
- If you have questions about how Ocrevus works, talk with your doctor or pharmacist.
Does Ocrevus increase the risk of cancer, such as breast cancer?
- In rare cases, Ocrevus may increase your risk for certain cancers, such as breast cancer. In clinical studies of Ocrevus, some people who took the drug had an increased risk for breast cancer.
- Be sure to follow breast cancer screening guidelines Trusted Source while receiving Ocrevus. Ocrevus ocrelizumab price in india best at Yourmedikart. Tell your doctor right away if you have any breast pain or lumps, or if you have nipple discharge. Your doctor will perform tests to check your condition.
Can Ocrevus cause PML?
- It isn’t likely that Ocrevus will cause progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML). This wasn’t report in clinical studies of the drug.
- PML is a serious virus. Symptoms may include confusion, changes in vision, changes in personality, and trouble using your legs and arms. Other medications that treat MS, such as natalizumab (Tysabri), may cause PML.
- If you’re concerned about getting PML while receiving Ocrevus, talk with your doctor
What should consider before receiving Ocrevus?
Before receiving Ocrevus, it’s important to talk with your doctor about other medical conditions you have. This includes any recent infections you’ve had. You should also tell them if you’ve had any problems receiving Ocrevus 300 mg in the past. These and other important considerations are discuss below.
Taking medications, vaccines, foods, and other things with a certain drug can affect how the drug works. These effects are call interactions.
Before receiving Ocrevus, sure to tell your doctor about all medications you take, including prescription and over-the-counter types. Also describe any vitamins, herbs, or supplements you use. Your doctor or pharmacist can tell you about any interactions these items may cause with Ocrevus.
Interactions with drugs or supplements
Ocrevus 300 mg can interact with several types of drugs. These drugs include:
- other multiple sclerosis (MS) drugs, such as fingolimod (Gilenya), mitoxantrone, natalizumab (Tysabri), and teriflunomide (Aubagio)
- drugs that weaken your immune system, such as corticosteroids
This list does not contain all types of drugs that may interact with Ocrevus. Ocrevus ocrelizumab price in india best at Yourmedikart. Your doctor or pharmacist can tell you more about these interactions and any others that may occur with the use of Ocrevus.
Make sure your vaccinations are up to date before receiving Ocrevus. Talk with your doctor about any vaccines you may need.
During treatment with Ocrevus 300 mg, you should not receive live vaccines. Live vaccines are made from a weakened form of the virus or bacteria the vaccine is mean to protect you from. Ocrevus can weaken your immune system. So receiving live vaccines while being treat with Ocrevus can raise your risk for getting an infection from the vaccine. You should wait at least 4 weeks after having a live vaccine before receiving Ocrevus.
Examples of live vaccines include:
- intranasal flu (FluMist)
- measles, mumps, rubella (MMR)
It isn’t know whether it’s safe to have non-live vaccines while receiving Ocrevus. For this reason, you should wait at least 2 weeks after having a non-live vaccine to start Ocrevus treatment, if possible.
Examples of non-live vaccines include:
- flu shots
Ocrevus may not right for you if you have certain medical conditions or other factors that affect your health. Talk with your doctor about your health history before you receive Ocrevus. Factors to consider include those in the list below.
- Active infection. Before starting Ocrevus treatment, tell your doctor about any infections you have. Your body won’t be able to fight an infection as well as before once you start receiving Ocrevus. So your doctor will want to make sure your infection is treat before you receive Ocrevus.
- Hepatitis B. Hepatitis B is a liver infection cause by the hepatitis B virus (HBV). Make sure to tell your doctor if you have hepatitis B or have had it in the past. Before starting Ocrevus, your doctor will test you for HBV. If you have an active hepatitis B infection, your doctor will treat it before starting Ocrevus or recommend another treatment for your multiple sclerosis MS. This is because the drug can lower your body’s ability to fight an active hepatitis B infection, which could lead to serious liver damage.
- Allergic reaction. If you’ve had an allergic reaction to Ocrevus or any of its ingredients, you should not receive Ocrevus. Ask your doctor what other medications are better options for you.
- Recent live vaccination. You should not start Ocrevus treatment if you’ve had a live vaccine in the past 4 weeks.Ocrevus ocrelizumab price in india best at Yourmedikart. Ocrevus can weaken your immune system. And receiving live vaccines while receiving Ocrevus can raise your risk for getting an infection from the vaccine. For more information, see the “What should consider before receiving Ocrevus?” section above.
Use with alcohol
There aren’t any know issues with drinking alcohol while receiving Ocrevus 300 mg.
Talk with your doctor about the amount of alcohol that’s safe for you to drink while receiving Ocrevus.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
It’s not know whether it’s safe for you to receive Ocrevus during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. If you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to become pregnant or breastfeed while receiving Ocrevus, talk with your doctor. They can discuss other treatment options with you.
If you do receive Ocrevus while pregnant, consider enrolling in a pregnancy registry. You can do so by calling 833-872-4370 or visiting this site. Pregnancy registries are helpful because they collect information about the effects of medications when used during pregnancy. By reporting effects of Ocrevus during pregnancy, you can help your doctor and researchers better understand the risks of receiving the drug. Ocrevus ocrelizumab price in india best at Yourmedikart.