GENERIC NAME : CYCLOPHOSPHAMIDE
Composition: Cyclophosphamide (50mg)
Treatment with Endoxan 50 mg Tablet
Endoxan 50 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of cancer and nephrotic syndrome.
Self Care Tips:
- Monitor your blood counts with the help of regular blood tests while on treatment with cyclophosphamide.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you experience difficulty in urinating, blood in urine or any other bladder/ kidney related problems while on treatment with cyclophosphamide.
- Do not start treatment with cyclophosphamide if you are planning to receive any vaccine or if you have a surgery scheduled or you have had a surgical removal of the adrenal glands.
- Take precautions as treatment with cyclophosphamide severely affects your immune system, increasing susceptibility to infections (e.g. pneumonia).
- Caution must be exercised during use of cyclophosphamide in very ill patients, patients with kidney/liver disorders, lung problems and heart problems (related to QT prolongation and abnormal heartbeats).
The patient must take certain measures before and while using Endoxan 50 mg Tablet PRto ensure proper treatment and avoid any unreasonable scenario. These include :-
- Endoxan 50 mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
- There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
- Endoxan 50 mg Tablet is unsafe to use during lactation. Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
- Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
- Endoxan 50 mg Tablet may cause undesirable effects (e.g., dizziness, blurred vision, visual impairment) which could affect the ability to drive.
- Endoxan 50 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Endoxan 50 mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
- Endoxan 50 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Endoxan 50 mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Some of the side effects are :-
Blood in urine,
Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils).
How Endoxan Tablet works
Endoxan 50 mg Tablet is an anti-cancer medication with immunosuppressive property. In cancer, it works by damaging the genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells, thereby stopping their growth and multiplication.
How to use Endoxan Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Endoxan 50 mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.