Tresiba Flex Touch
PACKING : 1X3ML
GENERIC NAME : DEGLUDEC
What is Tresiba ?
• Prescription Tresiba is a long-acting insulin used to control high blood sugar in adults and children who are 1 year of age and older with diabetes
• Tresiba is not for people with diabetic ketoacidosis
• Tresiba is not for children who need less than 5 units of Tresiba each day
• It is not known if Tresiba is safe and effective in children under 1 year of age
• Tresiba is available in 2 concentrations: 200 units/mL and 100 units/mL
Why Prefer TRESIBA ?
Steady release throughout the day
Tresiba releases slow and steady, and works the way your body’s insulin does.
Only long-acting insulin in a 160-unit pen
Tresiba U-200 FlexTouch doses up to 160 units in a single injection.
An insulin adults can take on their time
Tresiba lets adults change the time of their once-daily dose if they need to. Taking your insulin at the same time each day is encouraged.
Blood sugar control beyond 24 hours
Tresiba provides blood sugar control for more than 24 hours, with powerful A1C reduction.
In studies, Tresiba has been shown to work effectively beyond 42 hours, after 8 once-daily injections.
How should I take Tresiba ?
• Do not do any conversion of your dose. The dose counter always shows the selected dose in units
• Know the type and strength of insulin you take. Do not change the type of insulin you take unless your health care provider tells you to
• Adults – If you miss or are delayed in taking your dose of Tresiba :
o Take your dose as soon as you remember, then continue with your regular dosing schedule
o Make sure there are at least 8 hours between doses
• If children miss a dose of Tresiba :
o Call the healthcare provider for information and instructions about checking blood sugar levels more often until the next scheduled dose of Tresiba
• Check your blood sugar levels. Ask your health care provider what your blood sugar levels should be and when you should check them
• Do not reuse or share your needles with other people. You may give them a serious infection, or get a serious infection from them
• Never inject Tresiba into a vein or muscle
• Never use a syringe to remove Tresiba from the FlexTouch pen