GENERIC NAME : SEVELAMER
Composition: Sevelamer (800mg)
Treatment with Phoscut 800 mg Tablet
Phoscut 800 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of increased phosphate levels in blood. It is used in patients with kidney problems and on dialysis.
Self Care Tips :
- Take sevelamer tablets with meals.
- Avoid taking any other medicines within 1 hour before or 3 hours after you take sevelamer.
- Consult your doctor : if you have problems with bowel motility such as feeling of fullness, urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, constipation, prolonged loose motions (diarrhea) or pain in the abdomen (symptoms of active inflammatory bowel disease).
- Do not take calcium or other mineral supplements without your doctor’s advice.
The patient must take certain measures before and while using Phoscut 800 mg Tablet PRto ensure proper treatment and avoid any unreasonable scenario. These include :-
- Phoscut 800 mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
- Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Phoscut 800 mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
- Phoscut 800 mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Phoscut 800 mg Tablet is recommended.
However, regular monitoring of calcium levels is advisable in these patients.
- Phoscut 800 mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Phoscut 800 mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Some of the side effects are :-
Abdominal pain upper,
How Phoscut Tablet works
Phoscut 800 mg Tablet inhibits the absorption of phosphate from the intestine and lower the phosphate levels in the blood.
How to use Phoscut Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Phoscut 800 mg Tablet is to be taken with food.