Ozempic Semaglutide 1mg Injection used with a proper diet and exercise to control high blood sugar. Last Ozempic Semaglutide price in India Best at Yourmedikart
GENERIC NAME: SEMAGLUTIDE
Ozempic 1mg Semaglutide is use with a proper diet and exercise program. To control high blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes. Controlling high blood sugar helps prevent kidney damage, blindness, nerve problems, loss of limbs, and sexual function problems. Semaglutide is also use in people Besides with type 2 diabetes and heart disease to lower the risk of death from heart attack or stroke.
Ozempic 1mg Semaglutide is similar to a natural hormone in your body (incretin). It works by causing insulin release in response to high blood sugar (such as after a meal) and decreasing the amount of sugar your liver makes.
If you use insulin, semaglutide is not a substitute for insulin treatment.
What is Ozempic and how is it used?
If you have type 2 diabetes, your doctor may prescribe Ozempic for you.
Ozempic is a prescription drug that’s use to:
- Manage blood sugar levels in adults with type 2 diabetes, along with lifestyle improvements in diet and exercise.
- Lower certain risks in adults who have both heart disease and diabetes. These risks include or heart attack and stroke.
- Ozempic isn’t use for type 1 diabetes, diabetic ketoacidosis. Or in people who’ve had pancreatitis. For more information, see the “What is Ozempic use for?” section below.
- Ozempic 1mg comes as a liquid solution inside prefilled, disposable pens. You’ll inject the drug under your skin.
- Ozempic’s active ingredient is semaglutide. It belongs to a class of drugs called glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists (GLP-1 RAs). Semaglutide comes only as the brand-name drug Ozempic 1mg. There isn’t a generic form of it available.
- Read on for more information about Ozempic, including its cost, how t
- Ozempic 1mg is a prescription medicine use to treat the symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Ozempic may use alone or with other medications.
- Ozempic belongs to a class of drugs called Antidiabetics, Glucagon-like Peptide-1 Agonists.
- It is not know if Ozempic is safe and effective in children younger than 18 years of age.
How to use Ozempic Pen Injector
- Read the Medication Guide and Instructions For Use provided by your pharmacist before you start using semaglutide and each time you get a refill. Learn all preparation and usage instructions. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Before using, check this product visually for particles or discoloration. If either is present, do not use the liquid. Before injecting each dose, clean the injection site with rubbing alcohol. Change the injection site each week to lessen or injury under the skin.
- Inject this medication under the skin in the thigh, abdomen, or upper arm as directed by your doctor, usually once every 7 days. The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment. To reduce your risk of side effects, your doctor may direct you to start this medication at a low dose and gradually increase your dose. Ozempic Semaglutide price in India Best at Yourmedikart. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully. This medication may use with or without meals.
- Ozempic 1mg Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. Remember to use it every 7 days. If needed, the day of weekly use may be changed as long as the time between two doses is at least 2 days. It may help to mark your calendar with a reminder. Carefully follow the medication treatment plan, meal plan, and exercise program your doctor has recommended.
Learn how to store and discard medical supplies safely.
How is Ozempic taken?
Your doctor will explain how to take Ozempic 1mg. They’ll also explain how much to take and how often to take it. Be sure to follow your doctor’s instructions. Below are commonly used dosages, but always take the dosage your doctor prescribes.
Ozempic comes as a solution inside prefilled, disposable pens.
You’ll be able to inject doses of Ozempic yourself. Giving yourself injections of a medication may be new to you. But your doctor can show you how to do this when you first start treatment.
Ozempic injections are given under your skin in your thigh, abdomen, or upper arm. Be sure to rotate the injection site each time you take the medication. You should also use a new needle for each injection. Ozempic 1mg This will help you avoid getting infections from using needles that aren’t clean.
Ask your doctor for suggestions to help you feel comfortable and confident managing your injections. Be sure to follow the instructions they give you.
The list below contains a few tips you should follow:
- Wash your hands with soap and water before starting.
- Have all your supplies, including your Ozempic 1mg dose, readily available.
- Change the needle every time you use the Ozempic pen.
- Check the pen to make sure that the medication inside is clear and colorless.
- Double-check that the dose is correct on your pen before giving your injection.
- Keep track of your doses and make sure you have a full dose left in your pen after each injection.
- Don’t share your pen with anyone else.
- Record the date that your Ozempic prefilled pens should discard. (They expire 56 days after opening.)
For instructions on how to use Ozempic, see the manufacturer’s site. Or, ask your doctor or pharmacist to show you how to use Ozempic pens.
What is Ozempic dosage?
Your doctor will recommend the dosage of Ozempic that’s right for you. Below are commonly used dosages, but always take the dosage your doctor prescribes.
Form and strengths
Ozempic comes as a liquid solution inside prefilled, disposable pens. The following table shows which strengths Ozempic pens come in. Besides The strengths are written as milligrams of semaglutide (Ozempic’s active drug) per milliliter of solution (mg/mL).
|Strength||Dose given per injection|
|2 mg/1.5 mL (this may also be written as 1.34 mg/mL)||0.25 mg or 0.5 mg|
|4 mg/3 mL (1.34 mg/mL)||1 mg|
|8 mg/3 mL (2.68 mg/mL)||2 mg|
You’ll inject Ozempic once each week. You should use the medication on the same day each week. And try to inject it at about the same time on each of those days.
Your doctor may start you on a low dose of Ozempic for the first 4 weeks of treatment. This way, they can see Besides how well Ozempic is working for you. After this, your doctor will likely increase your dose. Your adjusted dose will depend on your blood sugar levels and other factors.
Each Ozempic pen holds several doses of the drug. Ozempic price in india minimum at Yourmedikart. Your doctor or pharmacist will explain when you need to throw away each pen and start using a new one.
Below are some common questions about Ozempic’s dosage.
- What if I miss a dose of Ozempic? If you miss a dose of Ozempic, take the drug as soon as you remember. But only do this if it’s within 5 days of your last dose. If it’s been more than 5 days, or skip the missed dose and wait until it’s time for your next scheduled dose. Besides Taking two doses too close together could lead to dangerously low blood sugar levels. If you miss a dose, check your blood sugar levels regularly to make sure they’re within the standard range. You might find a reminder app like Medisafe useful for staying on track with your weekly injections.
- Will I need to use Ozempic long term? If Ozempic works well for your condition, your doctor may have you take the medication long term. Ask your doctor about the benefits and risks of using Ozempic long term, including its side effects.
- How long does Ozempic take to work? Ozempic starts to work shortly after it’s been injected. After you start using Ozempic, your body may take several weeks to get used to it and to get the full benefit. Depending on how you’re doing with Ozempic, your doctor may then adjust your dose. Follow your doctor’s advice on the dose of Ozempic you should take, and take it exactly as directed.
See also Warning section.
- Firstly, before using semaglutide, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
- Secondly Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of a certain eye problem (diabetic retinopathy), a disease of the pancreas (pancreatitis), gallbladder disease, kidney problems, stomach/intestinal disorders (such as gastroparesis, digestion problems).
- You may experience blurred vision, dizziness, or drowsiness due to extremely low or high blood sugar. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness or clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.
Limit alcohol while using this medication because it can increase your risk of developing low blood sugar.
- It may be harder to control your blood sugar when your body is stressed (such as due to fever, infection, injury, or surgery). Consult your doctor because this may require a change in your treatment plan, medications, or blood sugar testing.
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
- During pregnancy, this medication should use only when clearly needed. If you are planning pregnancy, become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant, discuss with your doctor right away the benefits and risks of using this medication during pregnancy. The manufacturer recommends stopping use of this medication 2 months before a planned pregnancy.
- Pregnancy may cause or worsen diabetes. Discuss a plan with your doctor for managing your blood sugar while pregnant. Your doctor may change your diabetes treatment during your pregnancy (such as diet and medications including insulin).
- Therefore, It is unknown if this medication passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
If someone has overdosed and has serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, call 911. Otherwise, call a poison control center right away. However, US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center.
Do not share this medication with others.
Attend a diabetes education program to learn more about how to manage your diabetes with medications, diet, exercise, and regular medical exams.
Learn the symptoms of high and low blood sugar and how to treat low blood sugar.Ozempic Semaglutide price in india Best at Yourmedikart. Check your blood sugar regularly as directed.
Lab and/or medical tests (such as kidney function, fasting blood glucose, hemoglobin A1c) should be done while you are using this medication. Keep all medical and lab appointments. Consult your doctor for more details.
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember if it is within 5 days after the missed dose. If it is more than 5 days, skip the missed dose. Use your next dose on your regular day. Do not double the dose to catch up.
Store in the refrigerator. Do not freeze. After first use, store this medication in the refrigerator or at room temperature away from heat and light. Discard 8 weeks after first use. Similarly Keep all medications away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer need. Ozempic Semaglutide price in india Best at Yourmedikart. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company.
What are Ozempic side effects?
Warnings and Precautions
Risk of Thyroid C-Cell Tumors:
Patients should be referred to an endocrinologist for further evaluation if serum calcitonin is measured and found to be elevated or thyroid nodules are noted on physical examination or neck imaging.
Acute and chronic pancreatitis have been reported in clinical studies. Observe patients carefully for signs and symptoms of pancreatitis (persistent severe abdominal pain, sometimes radiating to the back with or without vomiting). Ozempic semaglutide price in india best at yourmedikart.If pancreatitis is suspected, discontinue Ozempic promptly, and if pancreatitis is confirmed, do not restart.
Diabetic Retinopathy Complications:
In a 2-year trial involving patients with type 2 diabetes and high cardiovascular risk, more events of diabetic retinopathy complications occurred in patients treated with Ozempic (3.0%) compared with placebo (1.8%). The absolute risk increase for diabetic retinopathy complications was larger among patients with a history of diabetic retinopathy at baseline than among patients without a known history of diabetic retinopathy.
Rapid improvement in glucose control has been associated with a temporary worsening of diabetic retinopathy. The effect of long-term glycemic control with semaglutide on diabetic retinopathy complications has not been studied. Patients with a history of diabetic retinopathy should be monitored for progression of diabetic retinopathy.
Never Share an Ozempic Pen Between Patients:
Ozempic pens must never be shared between patients, even if the needle is changed. Pen-sharing poses a risk for transmission of blood-borne pathogens.
Patients receiving Ozempic in combination with an insulin secretagogue (eg, sulfonylurea) or insulin may have an increased risk of hypoglycemia, including severe hypoglycemia. Inform patients using these concomitant medications of the risk of hypoglycemia and educate them on the signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia.
Acute Kidney Injury:
There have been post marketing reports of acute kidney injury and worsening of chronic renal failure, which may sometimes require hemodialysis, in patients treated with GLP-1 receptor agonists. Some of these events have been reported in patients without known underlying renal disease. A majority of the reported events occurred in patients who had experienced nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or dehydration. Ozempic semaglutide price in india best at yourmedikart. Monitor renal function when initiating or escalating doses of Ozempic in patients reporting severe adverse gastrointestinal reactions.
Serious hypersensitivity reactions (eg, anaphylaxis, angioedema) have been reported in patients treated with Ozempic. If hypersensitivity reactions occur, discontinue use of Ozempic; treat promptly per standard of care, and monitor until signs and symptoms resolve. Use caution in a patient with a history of angioedema or anaphylaxis with another GLP-1 receptor agonist.
Acute Gallbladder Disease:
Acute events of gallbladder disease such as cholelithiasis or cholecystitis have report in GLP-1 receptor agonist trials and post marketing. In placebo-controlled trials, cholelithiasis was reported in 1.5% and 0.4% of patients treated with Ozempic 0.5 mg and 1 mg, respectively, and not reported in placebo-treated patients. Still If cholelithiasis is suspected. gallbladder studies and appropriate clinical follow-up are indicated.
- The most common adverse reactions, reported in ≥5% of patients treated with likewise Ozempic are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, orvabdominal pain, and constipation.
- When initiating Ozempic, consider reducing the dose of concomitantly administered insulin secretagogue (such as sulfonylureas) or insulin to reduce the risk of hypoglycemia.
- Last Ozempic causes a delay of gastric emptying and has the potential to impact. Such as the absorption of concomitantly administered oral medications. So, caution should exercise.
Use in Specific Populations
- There are limit data with semaglutide use in pregnant women. Lastly to inform a drug-associated risk for adverse developmental outcomes. Discontinue Ozempic injection in women at least 2 months last Such as before a plan pregnancy due to the long washout period for semaglutide. Ozempic semaglutide price in india best at yourmedikart
There are no reviews yet.