Myestin 60 Mg Tab
V.H. BHAGAT LIFE SCIENCE LTD
PACKING : 1X10
GENERIC NAME : PYRIDOSTIGMINE BROMIDE
Composition: Pyridostigmine (60mg)
Treatment with Myestin 60mg Tablet
Myestin 60mg Tablet is used in the treatment of myasthenia gravis, paralytic ileus, post-operative urinary retention and reversal of effect of skeletal muscle relaxant after surgery.
Self Care Tips :
- Do not start or continue the pyridostigmine medication if you are allergic to pyridostigmine or any other ingredient in the medicine.
- Do not take pyridostigmine if you have recently had coronary obstruction (heart attack); slow heart beat or any other heart condition; asthma; or stomach ulcer.
- Avoid taking pyridostigmine if you have fits (epilepsy) or Parkinson’s disease; an overactive thyroid gland; bladder or bowel obstruction.
The patient must take certain measures before and while using Myestin 60mg Tablet to ensure proper treatment and avoid any unreasonable scenario. These include :-
- Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
- Myestin 60mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
- Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Myestin 60mg Tablet should be used with caution during lactation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body.
- Myestin 60mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
- Myestin 60mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Myestin 60mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
- There is limited information available on the use of Myestin 60mg Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Some of the side effects are :-
- Abdominal cramp,
- Excessive salivation,
How Myestin Tablet Works
Myestin 60mg Tablet increases the levels of chemical messengers which allows free transmission of signals across the nerves and muscles.
How to use Myestin Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Myestin 60mg Tablet is to be taken with food.