CIPLA ONCO CARE
GENERIC NAME : IMATINIB MESYLATE TAB 100MG
This medication is a protein-tyrosine kinase inhibitor, prescribed for treating certain type of cancers such as chronic myelogenous leukemia (cancer of the white blood cells, acute lymphoblastic leukemia(cancer of the white blood cells), gastrointestinal stromal tumors (tumors of the gastrointestinal tract and other cancers.
Treatment with Imatib 100mg Capsule
Imatib 100mg Capsule is used in the treatment of blood cancer (Chronic myeloid leukaemia) and gastrointestinal stromal tumour.
-Always take Imatib with food and a full glass of water.
-Do not change the dose or discontinue use without consulting your doctor.
-Imatib may cause dizziness or blurred vision. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
-Water retention and swelling are very common side effects of Imatib. Notify your doctor if you have unexpected rapid weight gain.
– Notify your doctor about all the medications you are taking, including over the counter medicines and dietary supplements.
*Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
*Imatib 100mg Capsule is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
*Imatib 100mg Capsule is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
After taking Imatib 100mg Capsule avoid breastfeeding for 8 to 9 hours to reduce the exposure to the baby.
*Imatib 100mg Capsule may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
*Imatib 100mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Imatib 100mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
*Imatib 100mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Imatib 100mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Some of the side effects are :-
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Mouth sores
- Loss of appetite
- Altered sense of taste
- Heartburn and indigestion
- Joint pain, stiffness, and swelling
- Burning or tingling sensation of skin
- Difficulty in falling or staying asleep
- Skin rash, hives, or itching
- Hair loss or thinning of the hair
- Swelling around the eyes
- Swelling or the hands, feet, ankle, and lower legs
- Severe breathing difficulty
- Fast/irregular heart beat
- Presence of blood in cough
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Abdominal pain or bloating
- Bloody stool