Humira Adalimumab Pen 40 Mg/0.4 ML Manufactured by ABBVIE | Humira pen Price/cost in India | treat some types of Arthritis.
Generic Name: Adalimumab
What is Humira Pen Used For?
- Humira is use to treat some types of arthritis. It is use to treat Crohn’s disease. It is use to treat ankylosing spondylitis is use to treat plaque psoriasis.
- Humira (Adalimumab) is a tumor necrosis factor (TNF) blocker that reduces the effects of a substance in the body that can cause inflammation. adalimumab is use to treat many inflammatory conditions in adults, including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, plaque psoriasis, and a skin condition called supportive adenitis.
- Humira is also use in adults and children to treat Crohn’s disease, juvenile idiopathic arthritis, ulcerative colitis and uveitis.
How to Use Humira Pen
- Use Humira exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all directions on the prescription label and read the treatment guidelines or instruction sheets. moreover, Use the drug exactly as directed.
- Humira is inject under the skin. Healthcare professionals will teach you how to use this medicine correctly. Do not start using this medicine if you have signs of infection. Contact your doctor for instructions.
- Read and carefully follow the instruction sheets that come with the drug. Do not use Humira if you do not understand the instructions for proper use. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions. The Humira dosing schedule varies widely and depends on the conditions treated. Follow your doctor’s dosage instructions very carefully.
- Only prepare your injection when you are ready to give it. Do not use if the medicine appears cloudy, has changed color or contains a particle. Please contact your pharmacist for a new drug.
- Humira affects your immune system. You might get an infection easier, even a serious or fatal infection. Your doctor needs to check you regularly.
- Store this medicine in the original carton in the refrigerator. Don’t freeze. If you are traveling, carefully follow all the patient’s instructions to store your medication during the trip. Avoid extreme heat or cold.
- Dispose of Humira who has become frozen.
- Use needles and syringes only once and then place it in the puncture-proof “sharps” container. Follow the state or local law on how to dispose of this container. Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Ordinary adult doses for rheumatoid arthritis:
- 40 mg subcutaneous every other week
In some patients do not take the same methotrexate, the dose interval can increase by 40 mg every week.
Methotrexate, glucocorticoids, salicylates, no steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, Analgesics, or other disease modifying agents can provided simultaneously.
Humira Adalimumab Pen Dosage
The starting dose of Humira for adult patients with plaque psoriasis is 80 mg (milligrams) on day 1 (2 pens). The maintenance dose is 40 mg on day 8 (1 pen) and 40 mg every two weeks thereafter. Always follow your doctor’s instructions on when and how often to take Humira. If you need additional help with self-injection
See the Humira 40 mg pen or pre-filled syringe Patient Instructions for Use and Medication Guide for more information.
Before Taking This Medication
You may not use Humira 40 mg pen if you are allergic to Adalimumab.
- Before you start using this medicine, tell your doctor if you have signs of infection – fever, cold, sweat, muscle pain, fatigue, coughing, bloody mucus, skin wounds, diarrhea, burning when you urinate, or feel continuously – tired.
- Humira should not give to a child who is younger than 2 years (or 6 years if treating Crohn’s disease). Children who use this drug must the current on all childhood immunizations before starting treatment. Humira pen cost/ price in India is bargain.
Tell your doctor if you have ever had:
- Firstly Any numbness or tingling, or a nerve-muscle disorder such as multiple sclerosis or Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Hepatitis B (adalimumab can cause hepatitis B to come back or get worse)
- Heart failure
- If you are scheduled to have major surgery
- Tuberculosis (or if anyone in your household has tuberculosis)
- If you have recently receive or are scheduled to receive any vaccine
- A chronic infection
- An allergy to latex rubber
- Cancer. above all point you should tell your doctor.
Tell your doctor where you live and if you have recently traveled or planned to travel. You may expose to a common infection in a particular area in the world.
- Humira 40 mg pen can cause rare type of lymphoma, spleen, and bone marrow that can fatal. This has happened mainly in teenagers and young men with Crohn disease or ulcerative colitis. However, anyone with inflammatory autoimmune disorders may have a higher risk of lymphoma. Talk to your doctor about your own risk.
- Secondly It is not know whether this drug will harm the unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant. Make sure the doctor who cares for your newborn baby knows if you use Adalimumab when you are pregnant.
- Formerly It may not be safe for breastfeeding babies when you use this drug. Ask your doctor about any risk.
Even Though Humira Adalimumab 40 mg pen affects your immune system. Adalimumab can reduce the ability of your immune system to fight infection and you might get an infection easier. Serious infections caused by viruses, fungi or bacteria have occurred in people who take this medication. Some people have died of this infection.
Serious infections including tuberculosis (TB). Definitely Your doctor must test you for TB before starting and during treatment with Humira.
Thirdly Before or during treatment with Humira, tell your doctor if you have signs of infection such as fever, cold, sickness, fatigue, coughing, skin wounds, diarrhea, or burning when you urinate. Get best deal of Humira pen cost/ price in India at yourmedikart
What is the most important information I should know about Humira 40 mg Pen?
You should discuss the possible benefits and risks of Humira pen price with your doctor. Humira is a TNF blocker medicine that can lower your immune system’s ability to fight infections. You should not start taking Humira if you have any kind of infection unless your doctor says it is okay.
Even though Serious infections have happened in people taking Humira. Formerly These serious infections include tuberculosis (TB) and infections caused by viruses, fungi, or bacteria that have spread throughout the body. Some people have died from these infections. Your doctor should test you for TB before starting Humira and monitor you closely for signs and symptoms of TB during treatment with Humira, even if your TB test was negative. If your doctor thinks you are at risk, you may treat with TB medicine.
Cancer. For children and adults taking TNF blockers, including Humira, the chance of developing lymphoma or other cancers may increase. There have cases of unusual cancers in children, adolescents, and young adults using TNF blockers. after that Some people have developed a rare type of cancer called hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma. This type of cancer often results in death. However, Using TNF blockers, including Humira, can increase your chance of developing two types of skin cancer (basal cell and squamous cell). These types are generally not life threatening if treated; tell your doctor if you have a lump or open sore that does not heal.
Before taking this medicine
You should not use Humira if you are allergic to adalimumab.
Formerly Before you start using this medicine, tell your doctor if you have signs of infection is equally important –fever, chills, sweats, muscle aches, tiredness, cough, bloody mucus, skin sores, diarrhea, burning when you urinate, or feeling constantly tired.
Humira should not be give to a child younger than 2 years old (or 6 years old if treating Crohn’s disease). In orderthat Children using this medicine should be current on all childhood accordingly immunizations before starting treatment.
Tell your doctor if you have ever had:
- Tuberculosis (or if anyone in your household has tuberculosis);
- A chronic infection.
- Hepatitis B (adalimumab can cause hepatitis B to come back or get worse);
- Heart failure
- Any numbness or tingling, or a nerve-muscle disorder such as multiple sclerosis or Guillain-Barre syndrome.
- An allergy to latex rubber.
- If you are Scheduled to have major surgery; or
- If you have recently received or are scheduled to receive any vaccine.
After that Tell your doctor where you live and if you have recently traveled or plan to travel. Accordingly You may be exposed to infections that are common to certain areas of the world.
Humira may cause a rare type of lymphoma (cancer) of the liver, spleen, and bone marrow that can be fatal. Yet This has occurred mainly in teenagers and young men with Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. However, anyone with an inflammatory autoimmune disorder may have a higher risk of lymphoma. Talk with your doctor about your own risk.
Humira side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Humira: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor right away if you have any symptoms of lymphoma:
- Altogether Fever, Swollen glands, night sweats, general feeling of illness.
- Joint and muscle pain, skin rash, easy bruising or bleeding.
- Pale skin, feeling light-headed or short of breath, cold hands and feet.
- Pain in your upper stomach that may spread to your shoulder; or
- Loss of appetite, feeling full after eating only a small amount, weight loss.
What happens if I miss a Dose?
Use the medicine as soon as you remember, For instance, Humira pen cost in India and then go back to your regular injection schedule. Do not use extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
What should I avoid while using Humira?
Do not inject Humira into skin that is bruis, red, tender, or hard.
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Ater that Tell your doctor at once if you develop signs of infection.
- Do not receive a “live” vaccine while using adalimumab. During the vaccine may not work as well during this time and may not fully protect you from disease. Live vaccines include measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), polio, rotavirus, typhoid, yellow fever, varicella (chickenpox), or zoster (shingles).
Humira Pen AFTER starting Results.
HUMIRA adalimumab pen can cause serious side effects, including:
- Firstly, Serious infections So, these include TB and infections caused by viruses, fungi, or bacteria. Symptoms related to tuberculosis include cough, low fever, weight loss, or loss of body fat and muscles. Humira pen cost/ price in India is best at yourmedikart
- Secondly Hepatitis B infection in virus carriers. Humira Adalimumab Symptoms include muscle aches, feeling very tired, dark urine, yellowish skin or eyes, little or no appetite, vomiting, clay-colored stools, fever, chills, upset stomach, and rash. Allergic reactions.
- Moreover, Symptoms of a severe allergic reaction include hives, During Humira pen price shortness of breath, and swelling of the face, eyes, lips, or mouth. Nervous system problems. Signs and symptoms include numbness or even though tingling, vision problems, weakness in the arms or legs, and dizziness.
- Blood problems (decrease in blood cells that help fight infection or stop bleeding). Yet Symptoms include fever that does not go away, bruising or bleeding very easily or very pale. Heart failure (new or worsening).
Symptoms include shortness of breath, swelling of the ankles or feet, and sudden weight gain.
- Immune reactions including a lupus-like syndrome. So, Similarly, Humira 40 mg pen as much as Symptoms include chest discomfort or pain that does not go away, shortness of breath, joint pain, or a rash on the cheeks or arms that worsens in the sun.
- Even though Liver problems Symptoms include feeling very tired, yellow skin or eyes, poor appetite or vomiting, equally important and pain in the right side of the stomach (abdomen). These problems can lead to liver failure and death. Psoriasis (new or worsening).
- Most Importantly Symptoms include scaly red spots or raise bumps that are filled with pus. Humira pen cost/ price in India is steal at yourmedikart
Call your doctor or seek medical attention immediately if you experience any of the above symptoms.
What does a Humira adalimumab pen do?
Adalimumab is use to reduce pain and swelling because of certain types of arthritis (such as rheumatoid, psoriatic, juvenile idiopathic ankylosing spondylitis). This medication is also use to treat certain skin disorders (such as plaque-type psoriasis, hid adenitis supportive).
How long does a Humira pen last?
How long can I keep a Humira pen or a prefilled syringe at room temperature? After you remove the Humira Pen or a prefilled syringe from the refrigerator, in other words it must use within 14 days. Because if it is not use in 14 days, it must discard.
Does Humira lower your immune system?
Why is Humira so popular?
Because Humira blocked the inflammatory process, it has a place in many autoimmune conditions with inflammation as a central mechanism, including: rheumatoid arthritis. Juvenile arthritis. Ankylosing spondylitis.
Where is the best place to inject Humira?
You can give yourself a Humira injection in the abdomen or front thigh. The most common injection site is the abdomen. The stomach is also the most recommended site because it's at least painful
There are no reviews yet.