Epipen pen epinephrine injection pen treat very serious allergic reactions manufactured by Epinephrine. More Importantly Epipen pen price in India is best at Yourmedikart
PRODUCT NAME: EPIPEN
GENERIC NAME: EPINEPHRINE
This medication is used in emergencies to treat very serious allergic reactions to insect stings/bites, foods, drugs, or other substances. Epinephrine works quickly to improve breathing, stimulate the heart, raise a dropping blood pressure, reverse hives, and reduce swelling of the face, lips, and throat. EpiPen price in India Best at Yourmedikart.
EpiPen is a prescription auto-injector device that contains epinephrine, a chemical that narrows blood vessels and opens airways in your lungs.
Epinephrine is an alpha- and beta-adrenergic agonist (sympathomimetic agent).
It works quickly to open airways in the lungs by relaxing the muscles and tightening the blood vessels to improve breathing, stimulate the heart, raise blood pressure, reverse hives, and reduce swelling of the face, lips, and throat.
EpiPen is used along with other emergency medical treatments to treat life-threatening allergic reactions. It’s a prefilled, However, handheld device that automatically injects a measured dose of medicine through self-injection.
What is an EpiPen?
- An EpiPen pen is a device used to quickly deliver the medication epinephrine to someone who’s experiencing anaphylaxis. Anaphylaxis is a severe and potentially life-threatening consequence of an allergic reaction.
- With anaphylaxis Trusted Source, So your body becomes triggered by something you’re allergic to, such as a type of food or bee venom, and your immune system overreacts to it by causing life threatening symptoms. The reaction may start off mild but can rapidly become a medical emergency as it affects your blood pressure and breathing.
- The EpiPen pen is an auto-injector Trusted Source, a device that delivers a set dose of medication deep in the muscle. Auto-injectors are also used with other medications. The needle is located inside the device, and you can conveniently carry the auto-injector in your pocket or bag.
- Once you inject epinephrine injection into the muscle. It can stop the severe acute allergic reaction symptoms. However, people experiencing anaphylaxis should still use 911 or local emergency services after using an EpiPen pen.
How to use EpiPen Pen Auto-Injector
- Read the Patient Information Leaflet and Instructions for Use provided by your pharmacist. before you need to use epinephrine injection and each time you get a refill. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Keep this product near you at all times. When you receive it and before you need to use it, check that the product comes out of it carrying case easily. If it does not, consult your pharmacist.
- The solution in this product should be clear. From time to time, check this product visually for particles or discoloration. If it has turned cloudy or pink/brown in color, do not use the product. Discard and replace it.
- Different brands of this medication have different directions for preparing and using this medication. Learn ahead of time how to properly inject this medication so you will be ready if you need to use it. Also, make sure a family member, caregiver, or other responsible person knows where you keep this medication and how to use it in case you cannot inject the medication yourself. The dosage is based on your medical condition, weight, and response to treatment.
- Fast/pounding heartbeat, nervousness, sweating, nausea, vomiting, trouble breathing, headache, dizziness, anxiety, shakiness, or pale skin may occur. If any of these effects last or get worse, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
- Remember that this medication has been prescribed because your doctor has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
- Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including irregular heartbeat, signs of infection at the injection site (such as redness that doesn’t go away, warmth, swelling, or pain).
- Get medical help right away if you have any very serious side effects, including chest pain, fainting, vision changes, seizures, confusion.
- This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Symptoms of anaphylaxis
The symptoms of anaphylaxis can come on quickly and worsen quickly as well. Anaphylaxis is an emergency. If you or someone else is experiencing symptoms of anaphylaxis, don’t hesitate to use an epinephrine injection auto-injector. Epipen pen price in India Best at Yourmedikart Then use 911 or local emergency services.
Symptoms Trusted Source to look out for can include:
- difficulty breathing
- swelling of the throat, face, or lips
- wheezing or hoarseness
- feeling dizzy or light-headed
- having a rapid heart rate
- having pale or clammy skin
- low blood pressure
- having a feeling of doom
- fainting or collapsing
Other symptoms may include:
- hives and itching
- abdominal pain
- nausea or vomiting
What Is EpiPen Used For?
EpiPen auto-injectors are used to
- Relieve troubled breathing from tightening bronchial muscles
- Relieve severe allergic reactions from exercising
- Relieve severe allergic reactions to insect stings or bites, foods, drugs, and other allergens
- Relieve low blood pressure due to septic shock
Prolong the effect of medicines that reduce pain before surgery (infiltration anesthetics)
- Act as a primary drug given during cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to reverse a stopped heart
- Anaphylaxis is a serious allergic reaction that occurs in around one out of 50 people in the United States. Symptoms can arise very quickly.
- Using epinephrine in the early stages of an anaphylaxis episode may decrease hospitalization rates, prevent low blood pressure, and increase the odds of survival.
There are no reviews yet.