GLS PHARMA LTD
GENERIC NAME : DEXAMETHASONE
Composition: Dexamethasone (4mg)
Treatment with Decmax 4 mg Tablet
Decmax 4 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of allergy symptoms, severe allergic reactions, asthma, cancer, rheumatic disorder, skin disorders, eye disorders and nephrotic syndrome.
Self Care Tips :
- Take with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Your risk of getting an infection may become higher. Tell your doctor immediately if you have a fever, flu-like symptoms, cough, painful urination, or a wound that does not heal.
The patient must take certain measures before and while using Decmax 4 mg Tablet to ensure proper treatment and avoid any unreasonable scenario. These include :-
- Decmax 4 mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
- Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Decmax 4 mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
- Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
- Decmax 4 mg Tablet may cause dizziness (vertigo). Changes in your eyesight or muscle weakness may also happen. This may affect your driving ability.
- Decmax 4 mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Decmax 4 mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
- Regular monitoring of kidney function tests and other blood tests is advisable while you are taking Decmax 4 mg Tablet.
- Decmax 4 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Decmax 4 mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Some of the side effects are :-
Increased risk of infection,
Increased glucose level in blood,
Reduction in bone density,
How Decmax Tablet works
Decmax 4 mg Tablet is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Dexamethasone belongs to a group of medicines called corticosteroids. It prevents late phase allergic reactions by preventing release of chemicals responsible for allergy.
How to use Decmax Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Decmax 4 mg Tablet is to be taken with food.