Crinone Gel 8 % price in india
GENERIC NAME : PROGESTERONE VAGINAL GEL
What is Crinone?
Crinone is medicine that contains the female hormone called progesterone.
What is Crinone used for?
- Crinone 4% and Crinone 8% gel price in india are used to treat the absence of a menstrual period in a woman who has previously had a menstrual period. Progesterone is one of the hormones that allows women to have regular menstrual periods. When you do not produce enough progesterone, menstrual irregularities can occur. Crinone may be prescribed to increase your progesterone.
- Crinone 8% is also used as part of a program for women who are undergoing fertility treatments to get pregnant. Progesterone is one of the hormones that helps to prepare the lining of your uterus so that it is ready to receive and nourish a fertilized egg and to continue a pregnancy. If you are undergoing ART treatment and your doctor has determined your body does not produce enough progesterone on its own, Crinone may be prescribed to increase your progesterone.
- If pregnancy occurs, Crinone may be supplemented for 10 to 12 weeks until production of progesterone by the placenta is adequate.
Who should not use Crinone?
Do not start using Crinone if you:
- Are allergic to progesterone, progesterone-like drugs, or any of the inactive ingredients in the gel (ask a pharmacist if you are not sure about the inactive ingredients in Crinone).
- Have unusual vaginal bleeding which has not been evaluated by a doctor.
- Have or have had a liver disease.
- Have or have had cancer of the breast or genital organs.
- Have had a miscarriage and your physician suspects some tissue is still in the uterus.
- Have or have had blood clots in the legs, lungs, eyes, or elsewhere.
When not to use?
Abnormal vaginal bleeding
Heart and blood vessel disorder
Major & minor side effects for Crinone 8 % Gel
- Vaginal discharge
- Vaginal bleeding
- Vaginal itching
- Vaginal irritation
- Abdominal pain and discomfort
What are the possible side effects of Crinone?
Serious side effects include:
- Blood clots. Pregestational drug products may increase your chance of having blood clots in your blood vessels. Blood clots can cause:
- Blood vessel problems (thrombophlebitis)
- Loss of your arm or leg
- Blood clot in your lungs (pulmonary embolus)
- Heart Attack
- Birth defects. Abdominal wall defect and cleft palate have report with Crinone use in early pregnancy. It is not know if these defects were cause by Crinone.
Call your healthcare provider right away if you get any of the following warning signs or any other unusual symptoms that concern you:
- Pains in the calves or chest, a sudden shortness of breath or coughing blood indicating possible clots in the legs, heart, or lungs.
- Severe headache or vomiting, dizziness, faintness, or changes in vision or speech, weakness or numbness of an arm or leg indicating possible clots in the brain or eye.
Crinone should not use in individuals with any of the following conditions:
- Know sensitivity to Crinone (progesterone or any of the other ingredients)
- Undiagnosed vaginal bleeding
- Liver dysfunction or disease
- Know or suspect malignancy of the breast or genital organs.
- Missed abortion.
- Active thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders, or a history of hormone-associated thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders
- The pretreatment physical examination should include special reference to breast and pelvic organs, as well as Papanicolaou smear.
- In cases of breakthrough bleeding, as in all cases of irregular vaginal bleeding, nonfunctional causes should consider. In cases of undiagnose vaginal bleeding, adequate diagnostic measures should undertake.
- Because progestogens may cause some degree of fluid retention, conditions which might be influence by this factor (e.g., epilepsy, migraine, asthma, cardiac or renal dysfunction) require careful observation.
- The pathologist should advise of progesterone therapy when relevant specimens are submit.
- Patients who have a history of psychic depression should carefully observe and the drug discontinue if the depression recurs to a serious degree.
- A decrease in glucose tolerance has observe in a small percentage of patients on estrogen-progestin combination drugs. The mechanism of this decrease is not know. For this reason, diabetic patients should carefully observe while receiving progestin therapy.
Information for Patients
The product should not use concurrently with other local intravaginal therapy. If other local intravaginal therapy is to use concurrently, there should at least a 6-hour period before or after Crinone administration. Small, white globules may appear as a vaginal discharge possibly due to gel accumulation, even several days after usage.
Meanwhile There have been no reports of overdosage with Crinone gel price in india. In the case of overdosage, however, discontinue Crinone, treat the patient symptomatically, and institute supportive measures.
As with all prescription drugs, this medicine should keep out of the reach of children.
Crinone Dosage and Administration
Assisted Reproductive Technology
Firstly Crinone 8% gel price is administer vaginally at a dose of 90 mg once daily in women who require so progesterone supplementation. Secondly Crinone 8% is administer vaginally at a dose of 90 mg twice daily in women with partial or complete ovarian failure who require progesterone replacement. Because If pregnancy occurs, treatment may continue until placental autonomy is achieve, up to 10 to 12 weeks.
Crinone 4% is administer vaginally every other day up to a total of six doses. But For women who fail to respond, a trial of Crinone 8% every other day up to a total of six doses may be institute.
It is important to note that a dosage increase from the 4% gel can only be accomplish by using the 8% gel. Increasing the volume of gel administered does not increase the amount of progesterone absorb.
How is Crinone supply
Firstly Crinone gel price is available in the following strengths:
4% gel (45 mg) in a single use, disposable, white polypropylene vaginal applicator with a teal twist-off cap. Each applicator contains 1.3 g of gel and delivers 1.125 g of gel.
Thirdly NDC 0023-6150-04: 6 Single-use prefilled applicators.
8% gel (90 mg) in a single use, disposable, white polypropylene vaginal applicator with a teal twist-off cap. Each applicator contains 1.3 g of gel and delivers 1.125 g of gel.
NDC 0023-6151-08: 15 Single-use prefilled applicators.
Each applicator is wrap and seal in a foil overwrap.